ECS, for Edge Computing System, is a device dedicated to inspect the pantograph. The product has been designed by the French Yumain Company and the product is patented also with the French Railway Authority SNCF. The ECS is composed of a camera for the acquisition of the data of the train in dynamic up to 160 km/h, and of AI (artificial intelligence) to treat in real time the pictures of the roof of the train. The system will restitute the information after inspection with the possibility to send e-alarms according to the criteria of acceptance defined with the customer.
Website of Yumain Company: Accueil – Français – Yumain
* Train detection;
* Detection of train’s identification number;
* Detection of pantograph;
* Check of pantograph’s level with e-alert in case of defect;
* Check of horns’s presence with e-alert if one is missing;
* Analysis of carbon strips thickness;
* Analysis of quality of the carbon strips (holes) according to acceptance database defined with the customer.