The purpose of posting this new video is to bring to your attention the most significant achievements of the actions undertaken by OCS2 in the railway sector:
[OFFEER FOR CATENARY WIRES.]
** Copper alloy.
Since the end of 2017, the collaboration with the German manufacturer of wires, Elcowire Rail GmbH (ex. NKT), allows me to support that brand in several directions.
- One field experimentation of the VALTHERMO alloy, in the IDF region, has been launched from September 2019 by SNCF Réseau with the aim to peform comparative surveys on the contact wire to determine the gain in terms of creep and wear. In Germany, very extensive studies with Dresden University, completed by on field measurements from 2012 by Deutsche Bahn have been realized on contact wires in CuAg0,1, Cu-ETP, CuMg0,2 and VALTHERMO. It shows a wear reduction of approx. 30% between Cu-ETP and VALTHERMO. The VALTHERMO alloy has already convinced several tramway operators like in Grenoble, Strasbourg, Lyon, Saint-Etienne, Rouen and Strasbourg ;
- Sales for short lengths, as it is the case for the power connections in tramway, like for example with the annealed Cu-ETP 147 mm² (delivery in coil for multiple of 10 or 20 meters). I can also sell short lengths (<500 m) for contact wires.
For your information, the Isodraht’s brand, which was already integrated in the Elcowire Group, merged with the Elcowire Rail Company in Hettstedt. You can already send me all your inquiries for contact wires in Cu-ETP, Cu-Sn, Cu-Mg, Cu-Ag, VALTHERMO, and for bronze cable for Messenger wires or for the dropper wire.
** Non-copper alloy.
In parallel of sales for the copper-alloys, I start to offer solutions for stainless-steel, aluminium-steel, galvanized-steel, and insulated copper.
Stainless-steel wire in AISI 316.
1×19, 7×7, 7×19, 19×7, diameter from 4 to 16 mm according to EN 12385.
Ø8,75 for the wire used for the pulley type tensioning devices.
E.g. wires Ø5, Ø6, Ø8, Ø10, or Ø9,5 mm (94 mm² – SNCF symbol SNCF 0.368.2673).
Aerial protection cable in 93,3 mm², 228 mm², 288 mm².
1×7, 1×19, 1×37, diameter from 5,85 to 24 mm according to EN 50189, EN 50540.
The targeted action on catenary wires allows me also to sell from stock. You should not hesitate to send me your inquiries whatever your need (new lines, maintenance, safety stock).
Insulated copper cable.
1×120 et 1×150 according to EN 50264-3-1 0,6/1 kV (class 5).
[OFFER FOR SECTIONING DEVICES.]
Since summer 2018, with the Swiss Company, Rauscher & Stoecklin, we prospected on the French market to propose a load-breack switch equipped with an arc-chamber in 25 kV AC.
This work has resulted on one experimentation in France, in the third quarter of 2020, for the bipolar B3 model (25 kV AC, 2000 A ; with two fixed points) including rod assembly and the motor drive.
Rauscher & Stoecklin is already a well-known manufacturer for switches and disconnectors through international sales in England with Network Rail, in Belgium with Infrabel, in Austria with ÖBB, in Switzerland with CFF, but also in France with EUROTUNNEL.
We are also ready to quote the DC switches as it was exhibited during last InnoTrans 2018.
[OFFER FOR MISCELLANEOUS PRODUCTS FOR FLEXIBLE CATENARY, RIGID CATENARY, AND RETRACTABLE RIGID CATENARY.]
From the first weeks of my connection with the Italian consortium, ITRORAIL, we succeeded to receive new purchase orders for supplying specific clamps for the retractable rigid catenay system installed in French SNCF’s workshop (fixed clamp, mobile clamp, earthing clamp, rigid rail of 12 m length).
We also studied the French RATP specification for stainless-steel top tube delta suspension used on tramways (PTFE rod, CuNi2Si bolted clamp on contact wire) and we type tested our solution for the electrical performances with the independent French laboratory, LCIE Véritas closed to Paris.
The main advantage of ITRORAIL is in its combined skills through the different Companies, with individual experience for each of the plants:
- CEIE Clamps for forging in CuNiSi, foundry in copper-bronze, aluminium clamps, tensioning devices, steady arms, collar sockets, sleeves, turnbuckles, connectors, fittings and cantilevers;
- EUROS for welding, all metallic parts, plate, U-bolts and poles;
- EXIMPORD for synthetic insulators produced in Romania which are already approved by RFI for cantilevers in 3 kV DC and 25 kV AC.
We are currently working on new developments for which I will come back to you later.
We have ressources for R&D, retro-engineering, laboratory test so we are fully available to work on your requests.
[OFFER FOR ARC CHUTES.]
The opportunity to work with F.lli BIGARAN in Alexandria in Italy started from a meeting that was not scheduled but at the end we putted together our experience to submit to SNCF a fast, flexible, and customized technical response.
The project was consisting in offering an arc chute, without asbestos for a very old model of contactor in order to limit the cost of repairing the complete set.
In a few months, we stuck to the specification and to submit for technical acceptance a file with drawings and dielectric type test.
That demonstration, for a very precise customer with a high level of expectation, combined with a motivated and fully available supplier, this is the better example of our strength.
[OFFER FOR CONNECTED SENSOR.]
Here is a new demonstration of how my company operates.
OBSERVE, LISTEN, PROPOSE, TEST.
So I applied this method to respond to a regular feedback from the field in one particular case:
- Tramway maintenance operators wish to retrieve information of the behavior over the time of installed products;
- Consequently they seek to reduce the maintenance costs by collecting and supervising digital data using overhead connected sensors.
The combination of these two criteria naturally led me to propose installing an acceleration sensor on section insulators. For various reasons, which I will not detail here, these section insulators may be subject to vibration shock when the tram train passes under this equipment. The recording of the vibration shock in “g”, and therefore the acceleration under the product on “x, y, z” axles, represents an essential information because a right interpretation of the data can impact the preventive maintenance of the section insulator and also the overhead line.
So I found a partner specialized in digitalization and the manufacturing of connected sensors. So far, I grant you, nothing exceptional, because today our lives are exposed every day to conneceted products of various natures.
The added value of OCS2 lies in listening to end users in order to develop the product together to make it, firstly, with an easy access to the data collected, and secondly, to restore an information usable for the maintenance.
Therefore I am still working on these two points, and as everything is just in point to who knows how to wait, I will send soon an additionnal information which will be adjustable according to your needs.
One word to sum up my thought: DARE!
Yes, dare to step out of your confort zones, and dare to explore new directions.
Dare with OCS2 and we can explore the alternatives together!